[bksvol-discuss] Re: notetab question

  • From: "Jamal Mazrui" <Jamal.Mazrui@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:52:38 -0500

Shift+F12 toggles the display of nonprinting characters, a setting also
available on the View menu.  Your screen reader still may not be
configured to recognize the visible representation of the form feed
character, however.  JAWS reads it as the word "Section."  A
disadvantage of this mode, however, is that JAWS also says "Paragraph"
for every carriage return in the document.

If you find this too verbose, you can define a screen reader dictionary
entry for NoteTab, instead.  For example, with JAWS, you can press
Insert+D for dictionary manager, invoke the Add button for a new entry,
put \012" (without the quote marks) for the text to recognize and "form
feed" for the verbalization.

Hope this helps,
Jamal