[bksvol-discuss] Re: notetab question

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:02:19 -0800

If you're using Jaws you don't have those inexplicable problems where Word will tell you there are extraneous characters and yet Jaws won't see them. I use notetab for writing HTML files and it hadn't occured to me to use it for editting, but now that someone's mentioned it I think it's a great idea. It has most of the functionality of word--find and replace, etc, and it has nice bonuses like returning you to the same point in a document that you were last in when you exitted. It does this for multiple documents. I have the professional version, but I've used the freeware version and it's basically the same thing with a few less bells and whistles.
shayla

At 07:53 PM 1/14/2005, you wrote:

I may not have read the first part of this thread, but what are the
advantages to using Notetab over Word?

Thanks.

Peace and Hope,

Donna

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.