[bksvol-discuss] newly submitted a book about Country Music "You're So Cold I'm Turning Blue"

  • From: <ohio1803@xxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 16:12:27 -0600

Hello fellow Bookshare Volunteers.
Tirelessly working, reading, reading, proofing, proofing.
It is spring. Spring! Time to be outside, right?
Well, me too.

So here is the information on my new scanned book just submitted moments ago.
It is a book a bit hard to find, I imagine for the proofreading. Maybe in some
libraries. I purchased it from an online used bookseller.

Next, I am working on another music book that I had given to me a while back
and am finally getting to it.
Not seeing it in the collection either, hopefully someone will want to proof it
and it may make it into the collection.
It is Ralph Stanley’s biography, Man of Constant Sorrow. I am about one-third
done with the scan. Very easy scan, high quality hardcover.

Below are my notes, with details of the newly submitted book.
Thanks for all your fine work.  I hope you all found good quality chocolate
bunnies over the Easter weekend.
Rik James

ISBN #:
     0-670-24417-1
TITLE:
    You're So Cold I'm Turning Blue: Martha Hume's Guide to the Greatest in
Country Music
AUTHOR:
     Martha Hume
YEAR OF COPYRIGHT:
      Copyright © 1982 by Martha Hume

short description:
Hume writes about Country music as few have done. It's for fans as well as for
music history buffs, especially as to its evolution over the years. Fascinating
look at Nashville from the early times, up to 1982, when the book was
originally published. Grand Ole Opry as well as many other topics are
discussed.. Reading it today, since even more changes have taken place in Music
City USA, makes this book even more essential for its perspectives. It is a
clever and a fun read.