[bksvol-discuss] Re: new wish list fiction requests

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:17:55 -0700 (PDT)

I never heard of slipstream but I love that solution. grin;

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List:

Date: Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 9:38
        AM

        Hi, Cindy, I've noticed that their are
        books I like which fall into multiple categories. Take for instance
what
        you said about Deanna Raybourn. I agree there are definitely mystery
        plotting elements in her books. Also, I see a bit of fantasy in them,
        but no magic to speak of. Cindy, I really don't want to give anything
        away to detract from your reading pleasure, but I can say the hero of
        these books is quite different from the run-of-the-mill Victorian
        gentleman (or is he a gentleman?) Ms. Feehan's books are romances, but
        they involve people who are different, either by not being quite human
        due to an ability that humans don't generally have (shape shifting or
        having to sustain their lives by dieting on blood), or they may have
        some magical ability. I haven't seen any book by her where both
        protagonists are common ordinary people. Other authors who mix romance
        with other genres are Susan Krinard, Maggie Shayne, and Catherine
Asaro.
        I wonder what new permutations the romance novel will add. Just for
        curiosity, is there a romance/horror mix (shudder)? What will authors
        think of next, I wonder? Regards, Kim.

        From:
        bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx