[bksvol-discuss] Re: need book to proof

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:32:10 -0700

Hi Netta,

The erotica book is "Riding the Night" (Wild Riders #4) by Jaci Burton.  Did
you see my original post on what these books need done to them?  I ask, as
you are a new proofreader and might not yet have experienced having to unite
or separate lines of dialogue that the OCR has represented inaccurately.

It appears to me that you are a person proofreading primarily, if not
exclusively by auditory means.  If this is the case, it is very helpful to
enable some sort of sound scheme (this is done differently depending upon
what software you are using to proofread books) to help you know where
paragraph marks appear in the books you are proofreading.

Other than this issue, all other difficult issues in the books I have
available have been dealt with, all font is standardized, and heading
navigation is accurately rendered, headers are removed, really just leaving
a read through, spell check, and fixing of the paragraph issues that I
mentioned to deal with.

Let me know if you're interested.

Mayrie

  _____