[bksvol-discuss] Re: my bookpocket reader not useable by blind folks

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 01:13:38 -0400

E.

I think it was because I asked about it and I have vision but it is just a bit weird - I get double -double vision. Double up and down so I start reading one line and end up on the one below. And double side by side as I may start on the left page and end up on the right if it is a paper back or small book. Otherwise my eyes do things even Alfie Bester could not have dreamt of. Yet I have to spend hours in doctors waiting rooms and want to be able to read while I wait so when I got all the ads for Mobipockets I wondered on what one read them. Since I am not blind I don't have access to people who know about these things other than the people I have met on Bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . I can enlarge the print on the computer so that I can read there, though I finally got a neuro-opthamologist who understood what was going on and prescribed prism lenses for me but medicaid does not cover them. It does not matter as much anymore as I can enlarge the print enough with Kurzweil so that it is one the one screen without my having to change the view back and forth and still be large enough for me to read at double or, in a few rare cases, triple magnification. They are what I call MS eyes which, like most things with MS, means weird. As long as I can read I can cope. But that is how we got into this discussion of things that would enable me to read when not near my computer and I thank all the contributors to the discussion.

Amy
omsm