[bksvol-discuss] k1k MS Word rtf and braillenote

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 03:58:14 -0400

In two cases, I have files which read fine in k1k and MS Word but which show up as just a line of * symbols when I open the rtf in my braillenote. In both bases, I ran rank spelling on the file after downloading it from step 1 and unzipping it. I then opened it in MS Word, spaced, backspaced and saved.

The files in question are for
Write it down, make it happen
and
The Last Camel Died at Noon.

Anybody recognize anything in common about these two books? I am wondering if it has something to do with how they were scanned or what engine was used or heaven knows what.

E.