[bksvol-discuss] just submitted: The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries

  • From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 20:33:00 -0400

I just submitted the Holy Book of Women's Mysteries by Zsuzsanna Budapest
The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries is essential for Pagans, feminists, and
women seeking to learn more about the spiritual path as it relates to the
feminine
and the Goddess aspects of witchcraft and Wicca. This book is not about
reinstating a matriarchy or tearing down patriarchy; it is about women's
spirituality
and its relationship with politics and lifestyle. Z. Budapest is one of the
founding mothers of modern women's witchcraft, beginning with the establishment
of Susan B. Anthony Coven in Los Angeles in 1971. She catapulted herself into
the media spotlight when she was tried as a witch and found guilty in 1975
after being arrested on Venice Beach for reading tarot cards. She fought the
charges and, after a nine year battle, won the right for every tarot reader
to do so legally.
The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries is a seminal text that contains invaluable
information on Dianic witchcraft and spells, including everyday magick, sabbat
rituals, and divination methods; a section on how vegetarian theories and
politics relate to witchcraft and the feminine aspect; and a good deal of
information
on goddesses and how the patriarchal religions distorted old myths to serve
their own needs. There are several unique and beautiful Rites of Passage for
women and men that you don't often find, and Budapest's personal life stories
are an equally valuable read, from her escape across the mountains from
Communist
Hungary to her fight for women's religious freedom upon moving to America.
Enjoy.
Amber

Book blog:
John Adams