[bksvol-discuss] Re: fractions in cookbook A to Z bar cookies

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 12:27:26 -0800 (PST)

Yes. I've valdiated a couple. Cookbooks usually have
to be validated by a sighted person who can read and
put in the proper measurements--or a sighted person
can work with the scanner and put in the measurements
before the book is uploaded. That way a person like
me, who isn't really interested in cookbooks (although
by validating one I ended up buying copies as gifts
for my daughters and thinking that if I were still
cooking I'd enjoy the recipes) can supply the proper
fractions to the scanner.

Cindy

P.S. Is there braille for fractions? If you have a
cookbook from the collection and you'd like me to send
you the proper fractions or meaurements for a
particular recipe(s), if I can get the book from the
library, I'd be happy to send them to you either as
mathematical fractions or in words.