[bksvol-discuss] Re: finereader 7 versus 8

  • From: "tom hawkins" <tjhawk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:12:35 -0700

Hi Monica and Carrie, Well all this is a well deserved rehash of info from the past, I'd like to point out that while it doesn't seem that OmniPage-15 is real popular, it produces the best overall scan of the three OCR software programs in question with one caveat. OmniPage-15 drops many headers and page numbers, but since header removal is generally a good thing and with a macro to renumber the pages, it produces a near perfect conversion every time. In most books and this is mass market paperbacks that I'm talking about, zero scanos, no extra slashes or asterisks and generally the right number of pages.The amount of time this saves me on the spell check alone makes the header and renumbering issue a moot point. Tom----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>