[bksvol-discuss] Re: chapter titles and ro,am numerals

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2012 23:51:43 -0500

I can only say that it is something that I would let stand. I don't know about the Braille readers, but my screen reader tends to read lower case Roman numerals by trying to pronounce them. That can be a distraction. If they are capitalized it reads them as numbers, at least up to a certain point. I am not sure how high it is, but at a certain point it tends to revert to trying to pronounce them or else just reading off the letters. My inclination, though would be to let them stand. Let's see if someone with more knowledge than I has something to say about it.

On 11/4/2012 10:43 PM, Cindy Rosenthal wrote:
Something just occurred to me as i was checking pagination of a book: the chapter numbers are roman n roman numerals. Would it be easier for blind members if the were in Arabic numbers, and is that a change that it's legal to make? (I'm putting the word chapter front of the number)