[bksvol-discuss] Re: changing subject line

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:38:20 -0500

I know I'm guilty of this as well, but I have to plea extenuating circumstances and throw myself on the mercy of the court. (Or was that an ant hill I was supposed to throw myself on?)
With all the stuff that gets automatically attached to the subject line, I rarely take the time to listen to the whole thing. I find it is quicker for me, to just have my e-mail program automatically open the next message and decide to read or delete it from the first line or so of the content.
I'll try as well to be more careful in the future, I guess starting right now, as I almost forgot to check what the subject line is.

Dave

At 02:34 AM 12/10/2004, you wrote:
I agree that one should change the subject line if the
comment doesn't pertain to the subject at hand. I
admit that I've been guilty of not remembering to do
that, even though I myself had suggested/complained
about this before. The reason for it is that people
who maybe aren't interested in the subject can delete
it without reading it if it they can be assured that
something they might be interested in isn't written
under the wrong subject.

I will try to be more careful in the future.