[bksvol-discuss] bso comments

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 01:27:01 -0500

I am validating a book submitted by somebody in kes format. The person says he/she read through every page and corrected the book word by word.

I have a couple of suggestions. First, since the book was submitted in kes format, I know you use Kurzweil. Rather than "correcting by reading word by word" please use rank spelling. For one thing, rank spelling will catch things you will be unable to catch easily using speech or sometimes even by using braille or a large print display. I used rank spelling on your submit. It caught the following kinds of errors.

1. words with - and space in the middle such as mid- dle.

2. run together words such as Thesewordsareruntogether.
words split between pages by a hyphen.

If you are going to submit a bso please substantially improve the submit compared with the original submit. I am working on this particular book because it is one of my longtime favorites.

But really rank spelling is your friend. Truly a useful feature.

E.