[bksvol-discuss] book submitted

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:21:13 -0500

I have just submitted A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle.

It is actually the first of three books the author wrote about his
experiences living in the Provence region of southern France.  I scanned the
third book, Encore Provence, for book share a while ago, but didn't find a
scannable copy of the first book until i moved to a different library
system.
They are extremely entertaining books.  In this one Peter Mayle and his wife
are starting the project of getting the house they bought remoddled to suit
them, and of course building projects can drag on forever and cause all
kinds of interesting problems.  they are also just beginning there Provençal
education, and are finding everyone quite willing to share their expertise.

Since I don't know French I don't know if the French words are actually
correct.  I just made sure most of them looked plausable.  It would be best
if someone who does know some French would validate the book.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net