[bksvol-discuss] Re: book question

  • From: "Pratik patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:04:39 -0400

Amber,

What I suspect happened there was the following:

1. You submitted your copy of the book first.

2. In that process, you entered the long and the short synopsus.

3.  Someone else then submitted the same book--the same person to whom the
submission is now creditted.

4. Bookshare system took the original short and the long synopsus
information that you submitted along with your submission.  It's a bug in
the system where if there is a resubmission of the book, the summary
information defaults to the original submission.  If someone, as a second
submitter, wishes to have the summary amended, they'd have to send Gustavo a
note with the short and the long summary info.

  _____

 5.  The book credit goes to the second submitter.  If your book was
validated and added to the collection prior to this second submission, you
were granted the $2.50 credit.  However, if your book was rejected, for some
reason, is being validated by a volunteer, or is still awaiting approval in
the admin queue, you have not yet been granted the $2.50.

6.  It appears that you have neither been sent a rejection notice nor an
approval notice.  Do I assume correctly?  That suggests to me that your book
is somewhere in the approval phase--i.e., either with a validator or the
admin queue.  My best guess: it's still with some validator.

7.  Someone else's submission was submitted after yours and was validated.
so now, the book appears in the collection with the summary information from
your book.

8.  If you have enough credits to renew your subscription, you will not get
the $2.50 credit when/if your book is eventually added to the collection.

there are a few other factors to consider.  But, these are the possibilities
you're facing.

Hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Pratik

Pratik Patel
Director, CUNY Assistive technology Services (CATS)
The City University of New York
 pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx