[bksvol-discuss] Re: auto correct and words for kursweil

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:23:17 -0400

Hi, Elizabeth. I have watched Laura Ann optimize her books. She does that before scanning each book. She's asking if K1000 has an autocorrection feature or wizard similar to that of Openbook where it will automatically apply a correction to those messed up words. Openbook has a list of messed up words that you can add to so that it will fix those messed up words with the right words if it sees them. I don't know what it's called in K1000, and that makes it hard to ask about how to use it. In Openbook it's called OCR Correction. As I have validated Laura Ann's books, I see these four errors appearing regularly, but her scans are generally very clean. So there needs to be a way to fix them as she's scanning.

Monica Willyard

At Sunday 10/15/2006 11:08 AM, you wrote:
Do you use optimize before beginning a scan. These kinds of settings are generally set well and the type of errors you describe are reduced.

At 03:46 AM 10/15/2006, you wrote:
I had a friend point out to me that in the books I have been scanning these 4 errors keep happening.
Is there a way in Kursweil to auto correct or fix these errors when doing a scan or fixing it up afteward?

Thanks Laura Ann