[bksvol-discuss] Re: author names

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 15:49:02 -0800 (PST)

Exactly right!  I'm creating a list of things to watch for, when entering
authors' names, like no commas in the middle of a name because commas are
used to separate names, that sort of thing.  Once I've finished it,
Marissa will check it over and release it.  Single author names aren't too
bad, but multiple author names can get tricky.

Carrie

--- talmage@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It looks like Carrie and Marissa are doing their best to get rid of the
> author "Jr." by ditching the comma.  As submitters and validaters we
> should
> probably take note of this, and not include a comma  when the author's
> name
> has a Jr., Phd., II, etc.
> Comments from administrators???
> Dave