[bksvol-discuss] Re: any ideas

  • From: "Peter Scialli" <Peter.s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:57:25 -0400

Hi Robert,
    I apologize, but I haven't seen any messages from you in the Support
Email box.  I'm not sure what is happening with VRS.  It sounds like it
could be a registry error of some sort.  Do you have admin permissions
enabled on the account you are accessing on that installation of XP?  If so,
have you tried running the repair utility which is part of the installation
app?  Was the program working and then stopped?  Sometimes, Norton or one of
the other active virus scanners may intercept an executable.  Is there any
chance you put a new installation of something like that on your system?
Thanks.

Peter M. Scialli, Ph.D.
Associate, Technical Projects, Bookshare.org
www.bookshare.org

A Project of The Benetech Initiative - Technology Serving Humanity
peter @benetech.org
www.benetech.org