[bksvol-discuss] adding page numbers

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 23:31:29 -0600

I asked this question several weeks ago, probably over a month ago, before I got sick. I don't think I ever got any answers. I am working in Microsoft Word 2007 with the lovely ribbons. Wink. Anyway, I can't figure out what I am doing differently, but suddenly my page numbers are not appearing. I don't believe I changed anything in my scanning software (ABBY FineReader Pro 9) and I know that I never had headers or footers turned on specifically in Word.

Anyway, my question is, is there a simple way to add page numbers? If I am to retain the book's pagination, in these teen books, page 1 is usually actually about page 6. I can see directions in my help for adding pagination to a header, but it has to start with page 1 or page 2 from what I can tell. I can't see a way to deferred until page 6.

Then again, with all of the problems I am having, I'm afraid that it would be some specialized insert and somehow it would get stripped by the tool. Can you tell I'm getting paranoid? Wink.

Y'all have been incredibly patient with me, and I cannot thank you enough! I just want to get back to doing a meaningful project, but hopefully in a format that will be just as useful to the reader. Smiles.

Valerie