[bksvol-discuss] a few good folks

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:19:18 -0700

Ladies & gents:

As by now most or all of u know, Friends of Bookshare will be hosting
the Explorations in Creative Writing group on Saturday, June 21, at
9:00 a.m. pacific, noon eastern, & times in between depending on your
timezone in the friends of bookshare classroom, the link to which has
been provided in previous announcements. I think it would be great if
we could get some other presenters besides mwa. This distributes the
load so that 1 person doesn't have to do everything, & it also has the
distinct advantage that each person doing the presenting lends a
different perspective to the group--I tend to be structured, while
others may be more spontaneous--& often folks just benefit from
different presentation styles. Not only so, but absolutely no1 should
have to put up w/my babblings every week.

What I was thinking is that if we could get even as few as 2 more
people, then the 3 of us would only need to present at 1 meeting per
month, since we don't meet the 2nd Saturday. It will require some
preparation, & those who volunteer should be willing to do that prior
to their presentation--u can't just totally wing it, or at least I
wouldn't think so. But maybe u could if you're a trained writer, in
which case, u know what? U can have my slot, too, no problem! Thus, if
any1 is interested in helping w/this, please contact me *off list* at
abletec@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks so very much! & c u Saturday!
--
Change the world--1 deed at a time