[bksvol-discuss] Re: Writer's Practice Group Meeting Announcement

  • From: "Christine Parsons" <christine-parsons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:42:16 -0600

E. and all,

I'm currently scanning and prevalidating a book by Marcia Yudkin called
Freelance Writing for Magazines and Newspapers: Breaking in Without Selling
Out. It's from the late 1980s, but the sections I have read so far still
apply today. She talks about choosing the right market for your work,
writing query letters, negotiating pay, finding inspiration for articles,
and writing the articles. My spring semester begins in a few days, but I'll
try to submit it as soon as possible.

Christine