[bksvol-discuss] Worldcat.org Question

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>, Robert Riddle <captinlogic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 10:26:32 -0400

Hi, G. Cindy.  Hi, Robert.

When I use Worldcat.org, it only lists colleges and universities, never
any regular local libraries, so I always assume that I can't get the
book by loan.  But when I go to the Reference Desk at my local
library, they always find it right away, sometimes at up to 3 local
libraries (not colleges or universities).

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a way to limit the search to
regular libraries and not colleges and universities?

Thanks so much,
Marilyn

On Jun 28, 2008, at 2:27 AM, Grandma Cindy wrote:

It's wonderful. I posted about it yesterday. If one puts in one's zip code one can find all the libraries that have what one is looking for, near and far.

G.Cindy