[bksvol-discuss] Re: What's right and wrong with the manual?

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:16:00 -0800

Bless you, Shelley, the more the merrier. I'll take all the help I can get.
My BrailleNote has a Perkins-style keyboard. I have a little primer of
computer Braille symbols, but don't know how one inserts a capital letter
using 6- or 8-dot computer Braille. What I'm doing now is listening to Jaws
read the text to me while I read the text in Braille with the BrailleNote
acting as a Braille terminal. Now I've got to learn how to correct stuff
using the BrailleNote. Come to that, if there is a way for me to not fall
asleep reading the manual, I know there are chapters on word processing I
should probably read. The problem is staying awake and not having my mouth
drop open in bewilderment or my brain deciding to zone out while reading
this very necessary stuff. Learning curve, hear it is! Regards, Kim.

  _____