[bksvol-discuss] Welcome, Estel...

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 00:25:30 -0700 (PDT)

First, welcome.  Second, I apologize for shortening
your name, and henceforth I'll use the whole name if
you prefer; it is very pretty, but  long (smile).

People on this list are very willing to help and to
answer any question you ask. I am unable to answer
your questions about the scanner, Open Book and
Juliet, but someone will soon --also the question
about how to read the downloaded books.

Are you registered as a volunteer as well as a member?
If so, you can validate, which means proofread, books
as well as, or instead of, scanning them. If you want
to do that and are not yet a volunteer, then the first
thing you have to do is to apply to be a volunteer
(simple process, but it sometimes takes a while to be
approved). When you've downloaded a book and proofread
and corrected it and uploaded it to the collection,
you get to keep your corrected file and also earn 50
cents toward your annual membership. (You get $2.50
credit for scanning a book).

Cindy

http://mail.yahoo.com