[bksvol-discuss] Re: Volunteering for bookshare

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:27:39 -0800 (PST)

I think that's perfect. All there needs to be is a
bookshare web page that's accessible if someone
googles volunteer opportunities, like I did. If
bookshare can't afford whatever it costs to have a
webpage and domain, maybe they can give permission for
someone else to have one? How would someone like you
or Jim or some others on the list who already have a
web page put something on it that would get the page
to come up when someone googled volunteer?

G.Cindy

>   What I was envisioning was something like:
>
>   Do you love to read books? Would you enjoy proof
> reading digital books to make them accessible to
> people with print disabilities? Become a volunteer
> for Bookshare, and have the opportunity to read
> books while you're helping others. Volunteers need a
> computer, internet connection, and a word processing
> program such as Word, Works, Word Perfect or Open
> Office. For more information, contact [fill in the
> blank].
>

> Jamie in Michigan
> Currently Reading - Snipped in the Bud by Kate
> Collins
> I'm an eBay affiliate! Please click my link before
> you bid: Find hard to find items on eBay!

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/