[bksvol-discuss] Validating problem

  • From: Mary Stephens <mstephen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:14:35 -0400

Hello. I recently validated (sort of) and uploaded "Tracy and Hepburn: an Intimate Memoir," by Garson Kanin. The book is an excellent scan and complete in every respect. However, in checking at the end of the file, there were twice as many pages as there are actual numbered pages in the book. I went through and deleted all of the extraneous page breaks. When I uploaded, the book was given a rating of Fair. At that point I tried to back out of the upload to do further checking, or at least to release it and let someone who knows more about what they are doing work on it. However, apparently by then I was at a point of no return and could not get the book back. Unfortunately, it was put into the system very quickly. I downloaded it, and it really is terrible--I wouldn't try to read it. It's a great book and deserves a better fate. Any suggestions on how to rescue it? From other messages I have read, I suspect it might be a font matter, which I know nothing about. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Mary