[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validating problem

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:36:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mary,

I will talk to Gustavo tomorrow, when I go into the office, and ask him to
release the book back to the download list.  I will attempt to grab it quickly
and fix the paging problem.  Since the book is in the office, it shouldn't take
me very long to figure out what's wrong, fix it, and re-upload it.

Thanks for catching the problem!  Carrie

Mary Stephens <mstephen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello. I recently validated (sort of) and uploaded "Tracy and Hepburn: an
Intimate Memoir," by Garson Kanin. The book is an excellent scan and
complete in every respect. However, in checking at the end of the file,
there were twice as many pages as there are actual numbered pages in the
book. I went through and deleted all of the extraneous page breaks. When
I uploaded, the book was given a rating of Fair. At that point I tried to
back out of the upload to do further checking, or at least to release it
and let someone who knows more about what they are doing work on it.
However, apparently by then I was at a point of no return and could not get
the book back. Unfortunately, it was put into the system very quickly. I
downloaded it, and it really is terrible--I wouldn't try to read it. It's
a great book and deserves a better fate. Any suggestions on how to rescue
it? From other messages I have read, I suspect it might be a font matter,
which I know nothing about. Any suggestions will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Mary