[bksvol-discuss] Re: Validated books

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:52:38 -0500 (EST)

Tracy and Brian

It seems that BookShare went through something similar last winter.  Folks
contributed a lot of stuff -- and a lot got validated -- during the
holiday season while the administrative staff had time off.
This creates a backlog which takes time to work through and eventually
catch up upon.
Eventually, all gets back in synch; but, in the meantime, as you note, it
becomes somewhat frustrating on this end when books you mention to some
people aren't yet available.
I also feel for the new submitters who wonder why their book, perhaps
contributed weeks ago, hasn't magically become available.

I also wonder if, partly creating this delay, is that more and more
people are contributing material and that perhaps BookShare staff is
becoming overwhelmed at times by all that has to be done.

As BookShare grows, expands services, seeks funding for all of this,, et
al, we have to become patient at times understanding what is happening on
the other side of the fence.