[bksvol-discuss] Re: Those who Love

  • From: Carrie Karnos <ckarnos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:23:11 -0700 (PDT)

I looked up 'giro' at dictionary.com and it had several meanings.  One was an
aircraft with a horizontally rotating blade, and a vertical blade to provide
lift.  I think we can scratch that one! The second was a check given by the
British government to someone who is unemployed, and the third was an
abbreviation of "Garbage In, Rubbish Out"  and a few other acronyms.

  Could it possibly mean a welfare check?  Seems unlikely to me.  Maybe it's a
slang term in Britain for something else?  I'm rather confused, as you can tell.

  Carrie

Evan Reese <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I thought it was pretty good, off the top of my head. Ha, ha.

Actually, the one in the book is spelled Giro, but JAWS pronounces them both
the same, so the joke just popped into my head.