[bksvol-discuss] The passing of a treasured Bookshare volunteer

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:30:04 -0800

Hi all.

I'm sorry to announce that one of our dedicated volunteers has passed away, at
the young age of 40, leaving behind her husband and son.  Maithe Ortiz  was a
vibrant, enthusiastic Bookshare volunteer and she will be very missed by those
who enjoyed working with her.  Maithe submitted more than 125 books and
proofread many more.

We would like to honor her memory.  to that end, Mayrie and Christina Nixon
will approach the family about adding some of her books to the collection, or
finding another way to memorialize her.

If you'd like to send condolence cards to her family, please send them in care
of me, and I will ensure they get forwarded to her family.  I welcome
suggestions for honoring her memory.

Maithe Ortiz
c/o Alisa Moore
Bookshare