[bksvol-discuss] Re: The not Die

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:08:19 -0700

Allison:

This kind of scanno generally occurs when the setting is too dark,
especially if the font has seriffs.  What happens is that the OCR
incorrectly separates the t & the h, e.g., it views portions of the
letters t & h as though they were together (d) then the rest of the h
as an i.

Not long ago Lissi posted a bunch of funny scannos on this list & my
recollection is that was 1 of them.

On 11/19/07, Allison Hilliker <bookshare_girl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone seen this scanno?  The word die for the word the.  I've seen it
> several times before, but in this one particular book I'm validating today,
> it appears a lot.  It makes for some bizarre sentences that's for sure.
> It's the strangest thing because, as far as I know, the print word die
> doesn't look anything like the.  Anyway, that was just an interesting thing
> I saw today and I thought I'd see if others have had experienced this.
>
> Allison

Jackie McBride
& Check out my homepage at:
www.abletec.serverheaven.net