[bksvol-discuss] Re: The book for the Christian Book Club, Second Opinion -- IMPORTANT

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 19:47:59 -0500

Cindy and Ann, just to be clear, Bookshare states on its website that all BSO books must be rescans. We are no longer allowed to take a book that's in the collection and use that file to make a better copy of a book, even if we have the ability to fix typos. As John Glass has told us, this has been instituted to make sure that page breaks and page numbering is preserved and that the scan really is a better version. The last time I checked, this information was posted on the volunteers' home page.

Monica Willyard

Ann Parsons wrote:
Hi all,

Cindy Rae, I probably should stay out of this too as I am not into Christian Romances, however, I believe that if somebody has the current file and can rescan the offending pages, it could be submitted as a BSO. But maybe a complete rescan is the better bet?