[bksvol-discuss] Re: Tab Characters in the Table of Contents

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 16:37:55 -0600

Hi Roger!

Thanks!  I'm such a detail person.  I'll leave the tab characters in then.

Debby

At 08:14 PM 10/31/2009, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx wrote
I think the Bookshare tools are supposed to get rid of those for you automatically.

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything.
" Malcolm X

The Militant: <http://wwww.themilitant.com>http://www.themilitant.com Pathfinder Press: <http://www.pathfinderpress.com>http://www.pathfinderpress.com Granma International: <http://granma.cu/ingles/index.html>http://www.granma.cu/ingles/index.html
             _

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Tab Characters in the Table of Contents
Date:
10/31/2009 10:10:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hi everyone!

The book I am proofing now has tab characters just before each number of
the numbered chapters, right after the number of the chapter, and just
before the page number of the chapter unless it is the first character on a
line, so there is only the chapter number immediately after the tab
character.  They are bumped up against whatever comes before or after
them.  Should I remove them and just put a space in their place?  It
doesn't mess up the formatting of the table of contents, in fact it is
formatted perfectly with the tabs, but I have never seen them in a table of
contents until this book.

Debby

--
Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming
about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the