[bksvol-discuss] Re: Superscript footnotes; accented letters

  • From: Charles Wadman <cewadman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:32:42 -0700

Thanks, Sarah

I've decided to show accented vowels as unaccented, and superscript footnote numbers as in-line numbers. This should be the simplest solution. Foreign proper names that contain diacritics in the native language are usually shown without them in English anyway.

I must disagree that your opinion is "inexpert". Your final sentence could be the motto for we volunteers.

Charlie Wadman

At 03:39 PM 6/15/2004, you wrote:

thank you very much for enlightening me. :-)  I didn't know you were a
transcriber, or I wouldn't have bothered with the braille translation
lesson.  Sometimes it seems like a problem that the same file must be used
for creation of both the daisy and brf version.  I sometimes think I prefer
downloading daisy, because it retains more information, and then using my
braille note to read in braille.  I know not everyone has that option
though. My inexpert, but user based opinion is, fix it so at least the
original archived copy kept by bookshare is nice, and hope they fix the
translation problems if they occur at some point.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net

Sarah Van Oosterwijck curious entity at earthlink dot net