[bksvol-discuss] Re: Sue Grafton-"P is For Parrel"

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:54:33 -0400

Hello.
This afternoon I downloaded the copy of the book from bookshare, as well as
getting the book from the library, and apparently the book does end that
way.
I have not read closely through the bookshare copy to see if maybe there is
a page missing about this money you spoke of earlier, but both the print and
bookshare copies end with the exact same sentence which goes:

I followed them out onto the deck. We sat in the dark, just the three of us,
sipping wine and chatting, listening to the surf rumble on the beach until
Jonah arrived.

I am not able to read the print with my eyes, but I am able to look at the
page and see that the print ends partially through the page, and all the
other pages in the book are blank.

As for each of the other books in the series ending with the same quote, I
honestly have no explanation for the difference.

Back to the issue of not knowing what happened to the money, when I have
time tomorrow I will try to look more closely at the scanned copy to see if
there is a page missing maybe before the end, but it's definitely not the
last page.

Oh, and by the way, did you know that almost all of these books are
available through web braille? I know bookshare gets books quite a bit
faster, but if you're wanting to read these books, some of which are older,
they are so nice and neatly edited. Just another note, I believe web braille
does have this P book. All the way through R as well.

Tiffany