[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitting spanish Titles

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 06:49:45 -0800

Hello list. My apologies for suggesting two synopses for Spanish titles. Yes, it would take extra space.

Someone commented that English titles shouldn't be included because of possible copyright. I rather doubt that this is an issue, but if it is, a bunch of English titles would need to be rewritten, such as all the Star Trek books. "Star Trek" is not an official part of the title. The Library of Congress calls this a series title. My only reason for wanting both titles was for my own curiosity. I'm reasonably familiar with Agatha Christie and was curious what the Spanish book was. Also, I don't have access to the original book, but I do know that the words "in Spanish" were appended to the title and I am not sure that this was part of the original.

Finally, I am also in California. I live near the border. Yes, I understand the outreach efforts to the Spanish community and I wasn't suggesting that they should be left out, only that most users probably don't know Spanish and I saw nothing wrong with including English titles. There are some Spanish books that do include English titles already.