[bksvol-discuss] Re: Submitting spanish Titles

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:50:43 -0600

Tony,
The problem with titles in foreign languages is that they are almost never
translated. Often the English title and the Spanish title mean two entirely
different things. So if someone were to validate a Spanish book and they
didn't find an English title in it, just translating the Spanish title to
English wouldn't necessarily do any good. In fact, it would really confuse
English readers because they would see that title and go "Huh? I've read
every book this author ever wrote, and I've never heard of this!" Then they
would go off searching for the book and get more and more confused.
Kellie