[bksvol-discuss] Submitted Crash by Jerry Sponelli

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 23:15:35 -0400

Hey you all just letting you know that Crash by Jerry Sponelli is now up for
validation.  Should be an easy validation, as well, I fixed all the errors I
could find.

From the book Jacket:
LET THE GAMES BEGIN...

First day of practice. I couldn't wait to put the pads on. But first we had
business with Webb.
 Yesterday Mike said to me, "Do you believe we been in school this long and
didn't do anything to him yet?"
 I nodded. "It's unbelievable."
"It's a disgrace."
"We gotta do something."
"Before he starts thinking he's safe."
"Tomorrow."
 All last year we tormented Webb. He's so dumb. He never figures out who's
doing it. He never gets mad at us. In fact he never gets mad at anybody. Day
after day, his chippy chirpy perky self. What a moron.

 Everybody knows Crash Coogan, seventh-grade football sensation. He's been
mowing down everything in his path since the time he could walk-and Penn
Webb, his dweeby, vegetable-eating neighbor, is his favorite target. After
all, Webb's not just a nerd, he's a cheerleader too.
 Crash and his best buddy, Mike, can't think of anything more hilarious than
making Webb's life miserable. But Crash starts to realize that Webb has
something he may never gain, no matter how many touchdowns he scores. And
when Mike takes a prank too far, maybe even for Crash, the football star has
to choose which side he's really on.
 "Spinelli packs a powerful moral wallop, leaving it to the pitch-perfect
narration to drive home his point." -Publishers Weekly
*"Readers will devour this humorous glimpse of what jocks are made
of." -School Library Journal  (starred review)
 "Great fun to read." -The Horn Book

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council