[bksvol-discuss] Re: Step 1 list, Rui's lists, Jesse's list

  • From: "Rui Cabral" <rui@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:27:13 -0400

Hello everyone:

Gees, I haven't seen my name so often in messages since I stopped writing to
myself. =)

Anyway, Tom, although I agree with you in principle the whole reason I
started the upcoming scans list, was because someone had suggested it, and I
new that with Bookshare's limited resources, it wasn't going to happen
anytime soon.
(the subsequent 2 lists on my page were my idea)

Yes, what you are referring to is entirely feasible from a technical basis.
But most of us are still waiting for a category revamp and other changes.
So I figured maybe my lists would be of some use.

I would start an outright wishlist on my page, but since bookshare already
has one, no need there.
My lists fill gaps of info, hopefully they can also avoid duplications of
effort as far as the upcoming list.
With the reject list, "no book left behind" the intent is for any book which
was rejected to be listed and therefore someone will scan it and it will be
on bookshare at some point.

And the rescan list should be self-explanatory. (more info can be found on
my FAQ)

I have had no problem getting entries for the upcoming list, but it seems
that people are afraid to E-mail me when they reject a book, (don't worry I
don't put your name on that page)

Personally I would like to see a link on the bookshare page where we could
access (marissa's list)

And in my dreamworld, bookshare.org would have a link to my page, but thats
not gonna happen, hence the "unofficial" title.
But now that I put a counter on that page, i want to see how many people
access it. If it is of little value. I might pull it offline.

It was not my intent to make things more complex.

-- Rui (who by the way is not a she)