[bksvol-discuss] Re: Somebody asked me for this, and I thought others might be interested.

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:45:13 -0400

I want to be like Mayrie when I grow up. (smile) Seriously, Mayrie,
you have some of the easiest books to validate that I've ever seen.
Thanks for this glimpse into how you do it. I'm going to try some of
this on my next book. I do have one question/comment though. It's my
understanding that the Bookshare tool strips out extra blank lines in
files as part of its conversion process. Do you find that it isn't
working correctly, or is removal of blank lines something you feel
should be done by hand before reading for your own convenience?
Because I don't have access to a Braille device, I don't see blank
lines. Speech is happy to skip over them. So this is something I want
to be sure I understand. Thanks for sharing your tips and for giving
me some great mysteries to enjoy.

--
Monica Willyard