[bksvol-discuss] Re: Some General Requests

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 12:59:26 -0500 (EST)

This is a no-win situation for BookShare.  On the positive side, what
Marissa is talking about is addressing something important and an issue
BookShare critics constantly bring up.
On the other hand, as BookShare requires submissions and validations
largely from volunteers, if this requirement
is viewed as burdensome by too many of them, everyone loses.
It is a tricky situation -- good in one sense but one that may rub some
contributors the wrong way.
I guess what I'd be curious to know is what percentage of BookShare
contributions have this page break problem?
Secondly, as .brf downloads don't have correct pagination anyway, what
percentage of downloads are .brf?