[bksvol-discuss] Re: So what did we decide?: What's been decided

  • From: "Marissa Mika" <Marissa.M@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:29:37 -0800

Gosh, do you guys get out on the weekend? Sheesh. Just kidding.

Anyway, I continue to read the threads about everything from appropriate
txt editors to whether or not Bookshare.org will continue to accept your
work, and let me just say the following.

The lack of page breaks in files that Bookshare.org receives is a pretty
infrequent occurrence, and I've already spoken with the people directly
affected by this change in policy. You're obviously all doing something
right. Continue to do what you're doing and don't worry about getting a
new txt editor or whatever.

I'll work with engineers and Peter on tech support issues and providing
you with a more coherent picture of how page breaks work in house as
well as scanning suggestions.

Until then, what we've decided to do is to continue to do what you've
been doing in the past for your scanning and validating of files. If a
book gets rejected due to a page break issue, we'll deal with it on an
adhoc basis for now, ok?

Thanks,
Marissa

Volunteer Coordinator