[bksvol-discuss] Seeking proofreader for historical fiction

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:07:12 -0600

I'm seeking a proofer for a book called Sashenka. Here is the synopsis:

Winter, 1916: In St Petersburg, Russia on the brink of revolution. Outside the
Smolny Institute for Noble Young Ladies, an English governess is waiting for
her young charge to be released from school. But so are the Tsar's secret
police...

Beautiful and headstrong, Sashenka Zeitlin is just sixteen. As her mother
parties with Rasputin and her dissolute friends, Sashenka slips into the frozen
night to play her part in a dangerous game of conspiracy and seduction.

Twenty years on, Sashenka has a powerful husband with whom she has two
children. Around her people are disappearing, but her own family is safe. But
she's about to embark on a forbidden love affair which will have devastating
consequences.

Sashenka's story lies hidden for half a century, until a young historian goes
deep into Stalin's private archives and uncovers a heart-breaking tale of
passion and betrayal, savage cruelty and unexpected heroism - and one woman
forced to make an unbearable choice.

If you're interested, please let me know by emailing:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks so much.