[bksvol-discuss] Re: Screenreaders

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 20:54:46 -0500

Also if you only wanted to read brf files, and were willing to use
doubletalk speech instead of the braille display, there are much smaller and
portable devices like the Book Port and Book Carrior. They both also support
a lot of other formats including rtf, txt, html, doc, as well as audio
formats like mp3 and wav
However, if your purpose is to edit, and not just read files, this will not
do. I only mention them because they are significantly less money, have
longer battery life, and are much smaller and portable.
Just an idea..
Tiffany