[bksvol-discuss] Science Fiction Submission

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 16:07:56 -0400

Hello Folks,

I just submitted Postsingular by Rudy Rucker.

ISBN: 978-0-7653-1741-4

It has been completely read through, completely spell checked, all page numbers
and page breaks accounted for, all running headers removed, and all fonts
adjusted. Should be an easy proof for anyone interested in this sort of thing.
I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as I had hoped.

Here is the long synopsis:

It all begins the year after tomorrow in California. A maladjusted computer
industry billionaire and a somewhat crazy U.S. president initiate a radical
transformation of the planet through sentient nanotechnology (the equivalent of
biological artificial intelligence). At first they succeed, but their plans are
reversed by Chu, an autistic boy who saves the world.

The next time it isn't so easy to stop them. Most of the story takes place in a
world after a heretofore unimaginable transformation, where all the things look
the same but all the people are different (they're able to read one another's
minds, for starters.) Travel to and from other nearby worlds in the quantum
universe is possible, so now our world is visited by giant humanoids from
another quantum universe, and some of them mean to tidy up the mess we've made.
Or maybe just run things.

Happy proofing.

Evan

'What is a human being, then?'
'A seed.'
'A ... seed?'
'An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree'
--David Zindell, The Broken God