[bksvol-discuss] Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey with His Wordless Daughter by Robert Rummel-Hudson is in the collection

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:56:51 -0500

Michele Brose requested Schuyler's Monster: A Father's Journey with His
Wordless Daughter by Robert Rummel-Hudson; I scanned, she proofed and it is now
in the collection.  It is the story of a parent's journey from diagnosis and
down the road to finding solutions for his daughter's inability to communicate,
dealing with low expectations, (medical and school) systemic frustrations and
much more.  It in no way resembles our journey with Nichole, but it si very eye
opening into the chaos of raising a child with disabilities.

Thought some others might want to read...

Valerie