[bksvol-discuss] My Mistakes, WAS: Re: Found this interesting

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:04:50 -0500

Hi Gwen!

Do you mostly proofread children's books? Since they are short books, that would explain your high volume of proofreads. I know you are making the kids happy if you are doing their books. I don't have nearly as many proofreads because most of my books I choose from the checkout list have hundreds of pages, so it naturally takes me longer to read through them.

Have all of your books been accepted right off? I have had to make minor corrections on two of them. One was because I made a replace all change and some stuff was saved by word automatically when I didn't actively save, because I decided instantly I didn't want the change, so I closed the file and reloaded it, and then forgot to go back and check out the previous part of the book that I had already read. It was put up on the checkout list with a hold for me, so I checked it out, followed the instructions from the Bookshare team that told me what corrections I needed to make, which were very easy to fix, taking five or ten minutes in all, because I was extra careful searching a second time to make sure everything was corrected and was glad when word made 0 replacements, meaning that everything was fine, so, I checked in the corrected book, and it was accepted.

The second time was two page 96 on one page, one at the bottom and one at the top. I was told which one to delete and there was a page I was to get rid of that was blank that wasn't a real page, I guess, and then I was ready to check the book back in and it was accepted, too, soon after that.

We can all miss stuff, so, if this ever happens to you, just follow their simple instructions and check in the book, and it will be accepted.

I think what happened in both cases is that I had finished the book at bedtime and checked them in the next day and forgot I had a little something to check before checking in the book. I'm pretty careful though, and read every word with my synthesizer. Do you have a braille display, or do you read all by speech too?

Debby

At 06:48 AM 4/9/2010, gwen tweedy wrote
Considering my rocky start here, I found this quite interesting, No grand shakes, but for me hey not bad considering in spite of me LOL.
25  submissions
and:
72 proofreads.
I am glad instead of struggling in what I could not do well, I found something I could do.

not bad for one who gave up and quit.
Gwen

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>