[bksvol-discuss] Re: Scan that is missing paragraph marks

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:06:42 -0600

Thanks, Jake - I'll reject the book, and explain why.

Judy s.

Jake Brownell wrote:
Hi Judy,

We do expect that paragraphs will be delineated in books. We really couldn't claim high quality if the book was a single paragraph. It sometimes happens that OCR will miss a paragraph break here and there, which is fine; however, asking a validator to separate every paragraph is a *lot* more time consuming than just rescanning the book, so you have excellent grounds for rejection.

Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>