[bksvol-discuss] Re: Rethinking A Decision

  • From: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 21:36:57 -0500 (CDT)

It seems quite clear to me that "going digital" refers to the digital
talking book project, not to Web Braille.  With the expense inherent in
braille production and distribution, they'd be crazy to cut back on that
program.

NLS waited too long to adopt at least some digital delivery platforms and
then cranked up the publicity machine so high that they're now painted
into a corner.  It's a lot like NASA and the sp0aceprogram.  (That
inserted Zero isn't a snide comment, just my bckspace privileges being
suspended again.)
--
 Don't let 7/15/07 be the Day the MUSIC Died! <www.savenetradio.org> for
the scoop!  Pax, Max.  <Mail to: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx> or