[bksvol-discuss] Releasing books and "sharing the wealth"

  • From: Madeleine Linares <Madeleinel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 19:45:55 +0000

Hi all,

As many of you have noticed, we don't have as many scanners as proofers and
thus our checkout queue is rather limited. In the hopes of "sharing the
wealth," I encourage any proofreader who has checked out multiple books but
hasn't started working on all of them to release a few so that others can work
on them. Additionally, if there's a book with a hold for you that you might not
get to soon or that you aren't interested in anymore, you can always email me
directly and I can remove it so that others can work on it.

I know that proofers have the capability to check out 5 books at once, but I
also imagine that it can take a while to get through all five! I'm not going to
release books for people or force anyone to do this, or anything like that. I'm
just appealing to your generosity to help all proofreaders have a good
Bookshare volunteer experience.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication to Bookshare!

Best,

Madeleine Linares
Volunteer Coordinator
Bookshare, a Benetech Initiative